Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Can my application be refused?

If you meet all the criteria, your application will be accepted.

However, if your application is incomplete or illegible, you will be contacted by email. If we do not have your email address, we will call you or send you a letter by mail, which will add a delay to the mailing of your card.
To avoid delays, do not forget to give us your email address.

How do you use your CAL?

When you attend an event at a CAL partner organization, you must present your CAL to allow your companion to enter free of charge.

Also, if you make a reservation, let the organization know that you have the CAL and that you will be accompanied.
You cannot lend or give your card to another person. Your photo on the card proves that it belongs to you.

Does the CAL guarantee a place at an activity?

No. The CAL does not guarantee a place for you and your companion at an activity.

Please contact the activity organizers prior to the activity to check availability.

If possible, reserve a place for you and your companion.

If you are in a wheelchair, always check for physical accessibility before you travel.

The CAL’s partner organizations are committed only to offering free admission to your companion.

When should I renew my CAL?

Your CAL is issued for a period of 5 years. An expiry date is indicated on the CAL.

Two (2) months before the expiry date, you will receive an email informing you that it is time to renew your CAL.

You will need to complete your application form, send a new photo, and proof of eligibility.

Who issues the CAL?

The Association québécoise pour le loisir des personnes handicapées (AQLPH) issues the CAL.

The AQLPH receives financial support from the Government of Quebec.

It is also supported by the regional authorities responsible for recreation for people with disabilities.

An interdepartmental committee was created to support the AQLPH in its mission to implement and improve the use of the CAL.

This interministerial committee is made up of representatives from:

  • l’Office des personnes handicapées du Québec (OPHQ);
  • The Quebec Ministry of Education;
  • The Ministry of Health and Social Services;
  • The Ministry of Tourism;
  • The Ministry of Culture and Communications.
Zone Intranet