If you meet the eligibility criteria, there are two ways to apply, depending on your situation. Please read the following two situations carefully.
Are you eligible for any of the government programs, to one of the measures for people with disabilities or do you have one of the recognized accompanying cards?
- Special Needs Allowance Program (Adult) – Accompaniment services provided
- Supplement for a handicapped child (Retirement Québec)
- Canada child benefit (Canada Revenue Agency)
- Amount for severe and prolonged impairment in mental or physical functions (Revenu Québec)
- Disability amount (Canada Revenue Agency)
- The Quebec accompaniment card for intercity coach transportation (Fédération des transporteurs par autobus)
- The STM accompanying card (Société de transport de Montréal)
- CNIB identification Card
If you have one of these supporting documents, please select situation 1 and complete the appropriate form.
You meet the criteria to get the Companion leisure card, but you are not eligible for one of the recognized programs, measures and accompanying cards?
If you do not have one of these supporting documents, please select situation 2 and complete the appropriate form.
Here is the list of health or social service professionals who can certify your application:
- Family physician (general practitioner)*
- Occupational therapist
- Orientation and mobility specialist
- Physical Rehabilitation therapist
- Respiratory therapist
- Specialist in rehabilitation for the visually impaired
- Specialist physician (cardiologist, pulmonologist, neurologist, psychiatrist, ophthalmologist, rheumatologist, etc.)*
- Specialized educator
- Speech therapist
- Social worker
* Please note that these professionals may charge you a fee to complete the request
You can complete the online form or the printable form and send us your documents, including your photo, in two ways:
By email to the following address:
By mail to the following address:
CAL – AQLPH
858, rue Laviolette